Grocery shopping and bill paying was the morning yesterday. In the afternoon I went out to clean up the tomato plants. There were lots of dead leaves to trim to give more air flow to the living parts of the plants. Now I'm waiting for these to ripen. This is the last 4 days pickings.
I finished hand stitching the binding on this table runner. It is 12.25" x 35.5".
I sewed 6 of these blocks together for a long table runner for my daughter-in-law. She wants it as long as her table. I'll be looking for batting and backing today but I won't finish it this month.
I checked out my boxes of cut pieces of flannel. There are 3", 4" and 6" tumbler shapes with the most being 4". I'll start pressing my flannel scraps and do more cutting this week.




6 comments:
How lovely your daughter-in-law enjoys quilted table runners and asks you to make them for her.
The tones/hues of the tomatoes look like a colorway fabric pull.....
The tomatoes are so beautiful and the squirrels didn't get those! The finished table runner is so pretty. I pulled out my book that I record some of my finishes in and I have made 22 flannel quilts; at least those are the ones I wrote down. I have one top that needs quilted. You are doing good if that is all the cut pieces you have. Gosh, I have bins of flannel pieces and parts along with a pretty good pile of yardage.
What a lovely tomato crop you're
getting this year, Wanda...;))) My fave is a toasted tomato sandwich--yum!!
Neat new table runner for your daughter--love those Fall-ish colorways...
Went out early to food shop this morning --cashier told me a lot of people called in as they had storm damage, etc. We were fortunate --only some debris downed --bits of leaves and twigs really..."Jenny" our generator came to the rescue for us;)))
Hugs, Julierose
The table runner looks pretty and the next one you show has some pretty fabric it also. I always do my bills on the first get it done pretty much for the month with just a few things popping up after that
What a pretty Springtime table runner!
Post a Comment