It was cold enough in the house yesterday morning to bake something for breakfast. Yes, I ate two of them before I thought about taking a photo.
The box mix was dated September last year but I knew it would still be good. There were several ways to mix these and I chose the one with heavy cream. Yum!!
I was clearing off a table in the basement and found this table runner top and backing already cut, ready to find a piece of batting. I got it layered and quilted last night. Trimming is next and then finding a binding.
I used 10" squares when die cutting the pieces for the blocks, but I had a larger piece of one of the prints. It was actually a cut off strip from a previous quilt backing.
Today is a special day. It is a granddaughter's 33rd birthday, a grandson's first wedding anniversary, and my 2nd pacemaker's second birthday.




12 comments:
Happy pacemaker anniversary!
Oh those scones look so yummy!! Definitely an anniversary treat for you;)))
Winds gusting to 30-35 mph so far early this morning--the sound of those winds woke me up early--makes me so restless to hear the constant blowing!! It is only 56 degrees--
The pastel table runner and top are really pretty, Wanda--great pink fabrics on these.
Hugs from a windy house on the hill Julierose
a nice runner for spring!
King Arthur's Maple Pecan scone mix is excellent too. Love these.
What a day to celebrate so many good things!
Scones look delicious. We are still in the 90's here. So no baking at all.
The pan surely makes it easy to get uniform-sized scones! I made a cake from a mix that was about two years past its "best buy." It turned out almost as flat as a pancake.
Yum! Peaches & cream scones sound delicious and perfect for celebrating. Glad we live in a time when pacemakers can keep people’s hearts in rhythm. Cheers to yours!
What a special day for you! Next year on your second pacemaker’s third birthday, you have permission to eat THREE scones!! LOL! And way to go to squeeze in another lovely finish for the month!
the scones look great I haven't made any in awhile. It was 59 yesterday morning and 64 today not bad, it felt good both days. I totally forgot to check blogs yesterday.
Wish we had the King Arthur brand here ~ scones look delicious.
What a fun find for yesterday… a little more work and it was ready for a binding.
Is the scone pan made by King Arthur, too? I used one of their scone mixes a couple of years ago, but haven't thought to buy more. Do you throw the extras in the freezer? Amazing what you find on your tables when you start cleaning up.
Pat
Post a Comment