I had another purple to try and it is a little better, but I kept looking.
I changed several pieces for the third group. I swapped positions of the second and fifth from the left and I like that much better. I brought back in the first purple for the 3rd from left. In the center I added a wild card and to the right of it I put in a different red. What do you think of the wild card? Do you think it will work or ruin the look?
This is the original group of Kaffe Collective fabrics used in the pattern. I put in 2 yellows where they have one. I think I ended up choosing only 3 of the originals. I recognized most of the prints but didn't have them in these colors.




12 comments:
A zinger fabric is always good. That fabric group you have is so pretty!
I think the new red will look good;))) This will be a "zippy" quilt for sure;)))
Only 61 this morning here --what a drop in temp!!
I have one more placemat to quilt of the four--then onto the others waiting in the wings--Helga is set up for quilting right now so quilting it will be for a bit...hugs, Julierose
This will certainly be a vibrant quilt! I like the wild card and new red.
The wild card is perfect! Is your intent for the colors each side of that wild card to be very blendy? They are in the small picture but when I enlarge it, not so much. Looks like this will be another beautiful quilt!
I'm not so sure about that wild card with the black in it. It might draw the eye from the zig zag black accent. But I am in the minority on that. Otherwise I love your selections.
I'm leaning toward like the wild card. the group in the 2nd photo seem a bit too coordinated?
I think the wildcard fabric looks great. You could always open them up more and group them to get a better idea. .By the way, I love your new finished Snail's Trail top that you posted yesterday. I really like the tessalations.
A lovely collection of color; however, I'm not overly fond of the wild card. Something about the width of the print compared to the rest. Of course, it will depend on what the final size of the piece is. Thank you for sharing.
all of the fabric are so pretty and bright
The wild card, to me, looks out of place with the others. I like the new arrangement, maybe there is another fabric hidden away that you can trial.
I think the b/w is a great zinger.
Since you asked for opinions ~ I love the second photo layout. Do not like the wild card added at all.
Post a Comment