Thursday, July 23, 2026

Binding cut...................


I had the iron on to press some other fabrics so I pressed the binding fabric and got the 7 strips cut.









While I had the fabrics out for the Snail's Trail I also cut a 2.5" strip off the larger pieces.  I needed a few more so I pressed some more fabric and cut them and now have 80 strips, 80 different fabrics.  Maybe they will become a 16 patch when I need some mindless sewing.


While I was at it I cut a few more strips off some of the fabrics and there are 71 in this group.  There are duplicates of some fabrics.  I don't have a plan for these right now.

5 comments:

patty a. said...

That binding will blend in nicely with all the different soft prints in that quilt. You sure did a lot of cutting!

helenreimers said...

That is a fantastic idea of cutting a little extra. I'm going to try that

Cherie Moore said...

That’s quite a bit of cutting. When you are cutting just one strip, I assume you use a ruler and rotary cutter vs Accuquilt cutter……that takes a bit of time.

Julierose said...

You really got a whole lot of cutting done--nice to have those strips all ready for use...Nice prep work, Wanda;))) I am doing just a bit of cutting for some small rail fence blocks--1.5" x 3.5" . Cutting white/cream center pieces all from scraps...hope you have a wonderful day
hugs, Julierose

Barbara Anne said...

Nice binding choice and well done on cutting all those strips so they'll be ready and waiting when you've had an idea what to do with them. You're amazing!

Hugs!