After I took this photo, I continued sewing the binding on the floral stars quilt. I finished it at 10:30.
It's getting close to the end of the month so I'll have to see what else I can finish.
Yesterday morning I went out to check the tomatoes and this is what I found on the biggest tomato out there. I had picked tomatoes the night before at 5 p.m. and this one had barely a tinge of orange on it so I left it to check on later. The squirrels had their party and took 2 bites. I'm going to leave it on the plant for a few days to shame them. Ha ha, like that will do any good!
I have cut down or dug out all of the Rose of Sharon but this little one survived right next to a Redbud tree.
It was our last pleasant day with low humidity yesterday. Today the A/C will get turned back on and will remain on for several days.
I really enjoyed having the windows open for 3 days.



4 comments:
What a pretty paisley print for the back of your new quilt! Those darn squirrels....
Rose of Sharon plants have spread aggressively in our side yard…I’m hoping they stay contained to that location. Both white & purple flowers are blooming on them now.
the squirrels might be what is taking bites out of mine too -I can't think of anything else that would be getting them but I haven't seen any squirrels around - nothing else can get over the fence I wouldn't think and we don't have chipmunks. I wish my rose of sharon was red or pink instead of white - I like the white but I prefer the brighter color
Good job finishing the binding on Stars piece--;)))
Beautiful day here--77 and very dry...little ocean breeze also...
A resting day for me...hugs, Julierose
Post a Comment