Wednesday, July 29, 2026

A visitor...................


For those of you who read Nann's blog With Strings Attached, you know that her power was off yesterday from the big storm on Monday.  She contacted me to see if she could visit...we had been planning to do this some day.  We had lunch and a tour of my studios.  It's always fun to meet a blog friend in person.


She brought me a gift.  She goes to estate sales, etc, and gets the best bargains on fabric.  This batch has an African theme.  A couple pieces are long enough to use in a pieced backing.



This group is all Nancy Crow designs.  I have some of the same prints but there were different colorways here that I didn't have.  Oh, what fun I will have with these!




I made a few more of the 3" nine patches last night and have a few more ready to sew tonight.

What a great day!

10 comments:

Cherie Moore said...

Oh, how fun! Nann got to hang out with you and tour your home & stash. You got to enjoy some fun company bearing gifts of lovely new fabrics. A fun, spontaneous get together in your home with electricity……awesome!

Anonymous said...

ah the adventure she mentioned to me....gorgeous fabrics...she is welcome here anytime...LOL

Julierose said...

How neat that you two got together;))) Lovely fabrics she gifted you!!
Well, the rains are here for us now--so far--only .17"!! Seems the storms are moving north of us...that's ok by me, as we are still getting some benefit...
Sewing some 2.5" leftover strips together--easy stuff when you are under the weather--literally!! Hugs, Julierose

patty a. said...

What a fun visit and how nice to be gifted that beautiful fabric!

Mary said...

I love both blogs and I bet the two of you had a great time! I'm glad you were able to offer her a reprieve from the no-power situation.

JJM said...

A great day for you yesterday, makes a great post for us today. What fun you two had with Nann’s visit. Thanks for adding her blog for us to see.

Fabulous fabrics chosen for your zipper quilt. And fun to see the additional little 9 patch blocks.

Cathy said...

I was so excited when I saw on Nann’s blog that she had gone to meet you! How many of us would like to have been there as well!! You are both such inspirational quilters! Great pictures!

Linda Swanekamp said...

What a super day! It would be so great to meet blogging friends in person!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

what a great day and that Nann was close enough to visit the fabric all looks great!

Vicki W said...

What a nice day!