Thursday, October 28, 2021

More progess.............


I sewed the last 4 blocks of this Moda Simply Woven quilt yesterday and pressed them and put them up on the design wall in the basement.  I only had to change a few and decided this layout was fine.




I stuck with it and sewed the blocks together and it is ready to be pressed today.






I found another fabric I like better for the backing for this quilt since there is a lot of pink and lavender in the blocks.  I have several pink fabrics to use as backings and need to start using them.



One of my quilting buddies sent me a Halloween postcard.  Tula Pink fabric.





Fall color across the street.  It sounds like we will get a hard freeze next week so the leaves will all be on the ground shortly.









Looking north on my street there is more color.  The tree on the left started turning almost 3 weeks ago and has lost about half of its leaves already.


 

7 comments:

patty a. said...

I am glad you we able to push thru and get the woven top done. That pink fabric will be pretty on the back. Lots of color on your street. Was that tree in the first picture the one that limbs fall off of and is a danger? I had to laugh; looks like you neighbor needs to pick up there trash bin! LOL!!

Jay said...

I'm so glad you got those pictures of the colorful trees. Here in SW Ohio, we don't have much color yet, and we had a freeze a couple of nights ago. Everything here is so much more...moderate!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Your "Simply Woven" is pretty - and so are the trees - ;))

JJM said...

First thought when I opened your blog ~ Like woven ribbons, so precise, neat and tidy. Love it !

Here in our mountain valley all our color has fallen to the ground now. We’re ahead of you on the prairie but you are ahead of us in the spring with your foliage and blossoms. And you always have had a longer growing seasons than we do.

JJM

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

What a colorful neighborhood you have right now! I like that quilt, too, and the backing fabric is perfect!

Vicki W said...

You got that top together fast! Love the postcard too.

Mystic Quilter said...

Stunning fall colour, always seems strange that we are now seeing bright Spring greens in our part of the world.