Sunday, October 10, 2021

Bear Paw blocks 6 and 7................


I found a brown print with blue in it so I could add a blue print into a bear paw block.









I hadn't used rust in the claw part of the bear paw block yet so I made one block like that yesterday.  It took some concentration to get all of the little zebras in the light print facing the same direction.





I found 2 brown prints with green in them so I will be adding some green fabrics soon.








I was outside pulling weeds out of my new grass areas and noticed the Sedum blooms are drying up.  They will remain this deep burgundy color for a while.




My new hydrangea blooms are a little deeper pink and the lower part of the cone shape bloom is now beige.  The bush has grown quite a bit since being planted the last week of June.
  



 

6 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I cut some flower stems off of my hydrangea about a month or so ago for an arrangement some had been drying to a purple type of color and now since they are dried in the house they turned even lighter and closer to a greenish white with a hint of burgundy - I wasn't expecting them to stay dry in the house for long as we always have some humid days but for now they are lasting - the Bear Paw blocks are pretty

Julierose said...

I do like those lighter "cross" prints in your Bear Paws...hugs, Julierose

Barbara said...

Gosh, Wanda, now I want to make bear paw blocks. Getting those little zebras all right side up is very impressive. So cute.

sue s said...

It's interesting how different the bear paws look depending on the fabrics. I like it!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Isn't it fun going through the stash with the different projects in mind? Things we skip over for several are suddenly just right for another.

sewyouquilt2 said...

Those Bearpaw blocks are moving along. I can't start another quilt, I can't start another quilt says the girl looking for fabric to make one.