Monday, February 1, 2021

Monthly recap for January 2021......

I had 3 finishes in January.  Table runners are 16.25" x 31.5" and 14" x 41".  The Jewel batik 16 patch quilt is 55" x 71".


I completed 3 quilt tops.  The pineapple log cabin was just waiting for its setting triangles and I'm glad I took my time finding the perfect fabric for them.  It is 45" x 58.5".  The cool color Kaffe collective 16 patch just needed the 2 long insert strips sewn into it. It is 60.5" x 80".  The warm color Kaffe collective 16 patch was started on January 6 and finished on January 28th.  It is 58" x 80" and is the first 16 patch that I have set on point.


The Amaryllis starting to open.  I can see 4 buds in there so far.










This is the new larger basket that I set the grapevine basket into, hoping that it can't tip over now.  Both stalks are almost the same height.

I measured the snow on the sidewalk yesterday and it was 5" and it was heavy and wet.  Some parts of Chicago got a foot of snow because of the lake effect snow off Lake Michigan.  I have a new neighbor a couple doors down and he came over and shoveled my sidewalk for me.


 

9 comments:

Lillian Samadani said...

I really like the warm sixteen-patch on point. I has a lot of movement.

Julierose said...

What a lovely group of finishes you have for January;)) I especially like those two table runners and that pineapple is so gorgeous..they are all great.

We are starting to get heavier wind-blown snow right now and are predicted to get some 10" now!! Schools have closed and most businesses...I am taking a sewing rest day as my left thumb pad has given me some aching and has swollen up on me!! --time to slow down...no rotary cutting -- plus that holding down of the ruler or template exacerbates the problem...

Take care and stay safe Hugs, julierose

Sylvia Anderson said...

Good morning Wanda. I think we may have gotten a little more snow that you did, about 8" or so, and thankfully, we have a wonderful neighbor, who always takes care of it for us. Such a beautiful display of finished quilts this morning. That jewel tone 16 patch is so striking, and I imagine it's even more beautiful in person. I'm actually really drawn to the on point 16 patch warm color as well. Maybe you will be doing more of them in the future?

Nann said...

It's neat to see the checkerboards next to one another. The eye sees the pattern and then adjusts to the differences in color. Sort of like seeing photos with different filters applied. Our Christmas amaryllis had eight blossoms. One has wilted but the others are still glorious. I have one amaryllis left over (undelivered Christmas gift) that I will start when our Christmas one fades.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Your sixteen patches are always so gorgeous -- interesting to see the traditional layouts and the on-point layout in the same post.

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

What a lot of beautiful finishes! I love them all. And you can have the snow.

JJM said...

January closes with an awesome 'kick - off' for February ❣ All 6 are works of art, Wanda.

Amaryllis blossoms getting ready to put on another show for you. And I look forward to seeing them in all their glory. Did you save the waxed bulb ? And are these two some you have had for years ?

JJM

patty a. said...

You had a good month! It is so exciting to see the amaryllis bloom! That was nice of your new neighbor to shovel your sidewalk. I shoveled this afternoon and I had somewhere around 2 inches on average.

anne said...

I just LOVE all these 16-patches. Each one is so different. I think I'll see more in my future. That jewel tone batik one is really spectacular! It really makes me look at my stash differently and will influence how I buy batiks in the future!