Wednesday, February 24, 2021

A little quilting..........


 The end of the month is creeping up fast and I hadn't finished anything all month.  I sewed the backing for this one on Monday and yesterday I loaded it on the longarm and quilted it.




I did organic straight line quilting which really means the lines aren't straight...but they go from one end to the other on the quilt.





This quilt is all Marcia Derse fabrics.








The backing fabric is used on the front too.








Here it is in a heap after trimming the edge.  I cut the binding from the same fabric as the back and will sew it on all my machine today.





I have several cacti in bloom right now.  I'll take photos of the rest of them today.

Thawing is happening here now and will continue all week.  It will be nice to see the grass again, by the end of the week I hope.

11 comments:

Julierose said...

Really beautiful quilting on this lovely quilt!! No cacti blooms here, but early this morning I got myself a mini daffodil ready to bloom at grocery --
Can Spring come quick enough??? hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

nice to get quilting done on one of them I bet I prefer straight lines over the loops I don't know why just do- almost all the snow is gone here now as I look out the window just snow in the shady spots still - it was pretty to look at but I'm ready for spring

BatikFanatic said...

Love those Marcia Derse fabrics!

patty a. said...

That is a good looking quilt! To me it could easily be for a man with those dark colors. That backing fabric is great and the dab on the front ties it in so well. I know you will be happy with a finish for the month. The cactus is so pretty. I have seen a reduction of the snow at the edges of the road that I walk everyday at lunch. Just as long as it melts slow so it doesn't flood.

Sharon Kwilter said...

Congratulations on your finish. It turned out really well.

Barbara said...

I love this quilt! What patten is it and did you use the accuquilt die cutter? Love the straight line quilting too. It just works well.

Needled Mom said...

That is a great finish for the month. I love the Marcia Derse fabrics you used. I hope the thaw continues for you guys.

MissPat said...

The sun is shining brightly and the snow and ice are slowly melting. We may hit 50 degrees today. I'm going to walk to the Village Hall to pay the water bill and maybe to the post office to mail some blocks to Covered in Love. Funny how the end of February suddenly looms up in front of us. But you'll have your finish done by then.
Pat

Linda Swanekamp said...

Nice to get a finish! Looks great quilted. Started thawing today, but under a wind advisory right now.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Really really like the vibe of the newly-quilted quilt - those lines were the perfect choice. Thawing is good!

O'Quilts said...

Really really nice Wanda. I have very few Marcia Derse fabrics. Some days I wake up and realize that all my money is going to others. Those days, I treat myself....Maybe one of these days, I should just order a line of Marcia's..Is there a sale site you use?? xo