Saturday, February 13, 2021

Blocks and a valentine............

I had 3 TV shows to watch last night so I cut lots of pieces for Crossed Canoe blocks.  I did the pairing of fabrics right before I sewed them instead of before I cut them.






I completed 8 blocks and have a pile of pieces left over.  I think I'll cut some red-orange fabrics to go with some of the left over yellows.







My first Valentine arrived in the mail yesterday.  It is from Linda who sends me one every year.  I know she sends out lots of them so I am honored to be on her list.

(Thanks Linda!)








The heart looks like foiling which I have never done.  The photo just can't pick up the true beauty of the shiny pink.
 

5 comments:

Dorothy said...

Seeing the canoes bought a WOW out of my mouth. seeing your heart brought a "aren't you lucky-it's beautiful"

Julierose said...

More lovely canoe blocks...that is a pretty special valentine--enjoy
hugs, Julierose

Roxanne said...

Sweet valentine from your friend!
The canoe blocks are always great to see. What is the shamrock fabric in the second photo?

JJM said...

More fun canoe blocks completed. I had to go back and find the shamrock fabric that Roxanne mentioned 😉

What a lovely fabric heart card❣

JJM

Linda Swanekamp said...

Ha, ha! I cheated. I bought some Valentine fabric at Joann's (really small selection) that had all these foiled hearts on them and fusssy cut out a yard of hearts to use for the cards. Then I free motioned them down on purple batiks with metallic thread (Superior( and tried all kinds of edge treatments. I used felt for the backing because it works better on quilting small items than batting. Glad you enjoyed it!