Friday, January 1, 2021

Happy New Year!!!!.....and December 2020 monthly recap...........


In case you missed it I posted my last 2 finishes of 2020 last night at a little before 11 p.m.  They are also farther down in this post in the monthly recap.


It's time for another waxed Amaryllis check.  The buds are finally opening.





Here is another view of the one that is opened the most.

What more can we say about last year, a year I looked so forward to because 2020 meant 20/20 (eye vision) to me and with the tumor in my eye (diagnosed 2012) I thought it would be so great to live long enough to see the year.  Also being born in a year with a 0 at the end meant a big birthday ending with 0.  There were definitely highlights and that is the part I will focus on remembering rather than the bad parts.


In December I finished my Onion Rings Basketweave 58.5" x 73.5", mini colorwash 12.25" square, Yardbirds Circling the Cat 32" square, blue and white Marcia Derse fabric baby quilt 35" x 47" and Plaid ZigZag 69" x 88.5".


I finished one quilt top in December, my African colorwash 35" x 42.25".  

I had another top so close (cool colors Kaffe 16 patch) but I didn't feel like rushing to get it done.

I will post my yearly recap as soon as I get my collages made.  It might be later today but most likely tomorrow morning.


16 comments:

Lesley Gilbert said...

I agree with you - don't dwell on the bad parts, remember the happy time spent on creating your beautiful works of art, the enjoyment your garden gave you, seeing your family (safely) etc. My life didn't change a lot in the past 10 months anyway as I didn't go out much before covid. I enjoyed my sewing time (mostly mask making) and my garden, but my plans for de-cluttering were put on hold; something I hope to start doing soon. Keep smiling, keep sewing and keep posting daily on your blog - thanks for the past year Wanda :)

hungry caterpillar said...

Happy New Year Wanda! So glad you are still here and starting my day each morning!

hungry caterpillar said...

Happy New Year Wanda! So glad you are still here and starting my day each morning!

Julierose said...

Yup--with 2020 GONE, I will attempt to only remember the "good" things. They were there (along with the bad) just under the surface!
I love your Circling quilt...it is really gorgeous..

HAPPY NEW YEAR--may joy enter your heart...hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

Happy New Year and love seeing all your finishes - and love the bulb sealed in wax - I guess it never needs to be watered? I didn't realize it had been 8 years since the eye tumor - the years fly don't they glad you have made it through 2020

Beth@IHaveANotion.com said...

2020 was less than pleasant!!! Here is to a less painful 2021!!! Nice finishes for the month. I really like the African color wash. Supposed to get nice and warm down here today... but it will be a wet warm... nearly an inch of rain already! Can't wait to see what you are planning for this year!!!

Marnie Haines said...

Happy New Year, Wanda! Thanks for your daily dose of inspiration, not only related to quilting and gardening--and baking, but also to seeing every day as a time for creative possibilities. Marnie

hetty said...

Happy 2021, Wanda. Love all your finishes. Especially the African colour wash. Take care of yourself. 2021 has to be better than 2020. It can't possibly get any worse. Or can it?

Quiltdivajulie said...

Happy New Year, Wanda -- Here's hoping 2021 is going to be full of colors and possibilities.

Sharon Kwilter said...

You make such beautiful quilts. Here's to a happy and productive 2021 for all of us.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

You snuck some finishes in right under the wire. Beautiful finishes! I especially like the star.

JJM said...

I missed your late post and I usually check in again at the end of the day too. I truly love 'Yard Birds' and your Colorwash ! I know I use love a lot on your blog, but I sincerely mean it. Your creative fabric art is like none other.

8 yrs. and your vision is good. . Wishing you another 8 yrs of good vision ! I enjoyed how you explained what you were expecting in 2020 and why. And you are right we must look at the positive... If we didn't get the virus we were blessed.

Looking forward to your recap for the year.

Healthy Happy New Year ~ JJM

Juliana said...

I always look forward to opening my feedly page because I know I will find a post from you with beautiful quilts and beautiful flowers--I enjoy both. We are all joining together in wishing a better year for everyone worldwide. This has been a very tough year.
Take good care, and happy new year!

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

All beautiful finishes! Congratulations on another productive month. You are a wonder!

Maria said...

Happy New Year Wanda.... I enjoy seeing you work on all your beautiful creations through the year...

Stacey Bobbins said...

I love your quilts. I love how you use your colorful fabric. Your ability to use scraps makes all of your quilts very original. Happy New Year.