Friday, January 8, 2021

Die cutting day.................

I am setting aside one day each week for just clean up and cutting.  I had a lot of Marcia Derse scraps already cut into 2" finished triangles so I decided to gather all of the rest of the MD scraps and cut all of the smaller pieces into more triangles.  Last night I sorted them into piles of like fabric.  I'm not sure if I'll sew them into squares yet or wait until I have a firm idea of their use.  I have found that some of the lighter colors of Grunge fabric look nice with the Marcia Derse fabrics.  I will wait to cut those fabrics.


I continued to think about this newest project and wondered if I would like some plain blocks inserted into this 16 patch quilt like I have done a few times before.  The fabric here is red Cactus flower.  I also have it in orange.
 

5 comments:

Julierose said...

I have always liked the look of inserted plain squares among the those 16 patch blocks..gives the eyes a place to rest--; that is a very pretty cactus flower piece hugs, Julierose

MissPat said...

The Cactus flower print would fit in well. This is looking very cheery. Good project for gloomy weather.
Pat

Quiltdivajulie said...

I agree about the light Grunge fabrics with the MD pieces - good idea to dedicate one day to preparation and cleanup!

patty a. said...

That cactus flower would be the perfect print for an insert block. It is a large print that would get lost if it was cut up and there is enough going on that it would blend in nicely. I haven't touched the last two bins of scraps that need cut for almost a week. I need to set aside a few hours this weekend and get back to cutting some. That's a good idea to do some cutting and cleaning one day a week!

Sewing Up A Storm said...

Grunge is my very favorite fabric right now. It has been sneaking into each and every project the last 3 years. It really truly goes with everything!

I really like your scrappy log cabin blocks.