Thursday, January 7, 2021

24 blocks......................


24 blocks are sewn.  My main goal was to use some of the strips in the 2.5" Kaffe collective strip box.  I have to decide now whether 48 blocks is enough (48" x 64") or if I will cut some more strips to make it 56" x 72" (63 blocks).  I have all of the duplicate blocks sewn.




This is my view as I ponder the continuation.








Five of the buds on the waxed Amaryllis have opened.  The smallest bud is growing but is probably about 4 or 5 days away from opening.






Just in case you were wondering how tall it is I'm sharing this view.  I'm hoping it will have another bud stalk.

 

10 comments:

Lesley Gilbert said...

When you talk about your beautiful Amaryllis plants a song by Tony Christie always pops into my head - "Show Me The Way To Amarillo" :)
Nice progress on your KF quilt.

Linda Swanekamp said...

The bright blocks are a joy to look at.

Julierose said...

Your blocks look awesome--beautiful array of warm KF fabrics in them...
Lovely work hugs, Julierose

Barb said...

I read your information on creating the strip sets. i know they are 2.5 wide but how long are they before cutting?

Quiltdivajulie said...

Gorgeous colors on a gray rain threatening morning (temps in the 30s) -- warm and sunny for my eyes.

Mystic Quilter said...

Well I see that Julie has rain threatening in Memphis, we here in Auckland have had rain for the past 24 hours, much needed and good for the garden also for spending time cutting ands sewing. Your present nine patch is a stunner and makes my fingers itch to make one, perhaps I could fit one in somewhere this year.

patty a. said...

Those blocks are so pretty! The amaryllis is beautiful with those five flowers. That is just so crazy how it grows from that waxed bulb!

Anne said...

That red 16-patch just gets better and better! I love those deep red blocks! It's gorgeous!

JJM said...

Fun to watch your 16 patch grow.. And your amaryllis, sure is putting on a show too.

JJM

The Inside Stori said...

Another colorful winner!