Saturday, December 22, 2018

Red center............and mail......

I unpicked enough loops to create a portion of the bottom half of the quilt to confirm that I like the red in the center.  I'll keep working on it between going out to eat with a reader of my blog and doing some more baking.







I received another very special Christmas card yesterday in the mail.  It is from Linda from the Art in Search blog.  Click on the name of her blog to go to her post where she tells how she made these.  It is so much more beautiful than the photo shows.





Here is a closer view which of course is clickable for a larger photo.











Here it is with last year's card, also hand painted.  They are treasures for sure.

6 comments:

Gene Black said...

Those are lovely. I am off to read how she made them.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

those are beautiful cards.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Wow, made it to the big time on your blog. All those solitary hours painting pay off sometimes. Just like quilting.

JJM said...

Your collection of Original hand made cards are gifts in themselves... Love Linda's cards, they are really beautiful !

You amaze me with Christmas only days away and take time to work on your TAW. I think the unpicking all those strata's would do me in.
But I'm sure you have a speedy routine for that.

JJM

crazylegs quilting said...

Your quilt is stunning, can’t wait to see what’s next! Lovely Christmas cards, little works of art.

Needled Mom said...

Her cards are so pretty and the technique sounds fascinating. I'd be lost in a class like that.

I still like the red in the center.