Friday, December 21, 2018

Choosing the center................

Now the fun part comes, trying different fabrics for the center.  The 2 lightest fabrics are in the center in this first photo.









Now the beige/brown fabrics are in the center.












Now the red is in the center and that is what I think I want.  












I added a few more strips to see if this is what I want.  I can always change my mind but I'll unpick the bottom half strips for the center next and then I'll know if this is what I want.

Today is the day in the year with the least daylight.  Luckily the daylight adds faster each day now than it decreased leading up to this day.  I'll be happy when it is still light out at 5 p.m.

9 comments:

Beth@IHaveANotion.com said...

This quilt will certainly warm up a room!! I'll be happier with the longer daylight too. But the tradeoff is the robins singing/calling in the wee hours when returning in the spring! Merry Christmas!

Gene Black said...

I really like the red in the center.
And I am also looking forward to having daylight left at 5pm.

Sylvia Anderson said...

I really dislike this time of year when it's so dark around 4:15. I will be just as happy as you when we start creeping toward more daylight. I prefer the red center as well Wanda. You will have a beautiful quilt for your bed in no time at all.

Corrine said...

I really like the last one with a few extra strips added in. It makes the red really stick out. Great quilt with great colors.

Needled Mom said...

I like the red best too. Yes for the added daylight hours. I always appreciate this day's arrival.

Lesley Gilbert said...

It's lovely to see how just moving a couple of rows at a time can change the whole effect. I'm going for #2 with a little lighter colour in the centre - looking forward to seeing your final choice, as always :) Yeah for some brighter later weather.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Yes for the red1 The whole quilt is so beautiful.

Mystic Quilter said...

Definitely the red in the centre - glorious! We are having our longest day of the year today, just the opposite to you!

JJM said...

I know what I'd put in the center.... But am anxious to see if that's what you decide. It's going to be gorgeous no matter what your center will be. Shortest day of the year and winter begins. Haven't we had enough wintery days already ?

JJM