Friday, December 28, 2018

binding chosen...........

I chose the binding for the rectangles quilt, Kaffe's Aboriginal dots in purple.  I got it partially sewn on last night.






During the day I worked on finishing the first half of the Trip Around the World top.  The left side is all sewn and pressed and I have moved the rest of the unpicked strips over next to it.  Now I have room to finish the design.







I knew one of the buds was opening overnight but I was surprised to see one blooming on both of the other stalks.  I counted 3 more buds on each of those stalks.




Later in the day I checked again and there are 5 more buds on one of the stalks, not 3.  That will make a total of 17 blooms from one bulb.  I should have about 5 open flowers by this morning.








9 comments:

Gene Black said...

I always like purple for the binding on a multi-color quilt with strong colors.

Sylvia Anderson said...

Wow Wanda.....You must have gotten the super duper version of that Amaryllis. raised on some sort of steroidal concoction, to produce that many blooms. Lucky you, and I hope it continues to provide you with an abundance of flowers for many years to come.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

these are super blooming amaryllis for sure - I have lost count on many blossoms I have had on these two like yours - I'm going to try to keep these for next year and have read a blog this morning on how that person cares for hers and then has them blooming in January to March.

Quiltdivajulie said...

The flowers just keep getting better and better! And that purple binding is delicious.

Linda E in NM said...

Wow, that is some amaryllis bulb! You must be feeding it Wheaties for breakfast!
Lovely, thanks for sharing

JJM said...

We were included in that Internet shutdown blitz yesterday. I just had recouperated from Christmas and took time to check in with you. And could not send anything out. First thought was .... Now what did i do thinking it was my personal computer but learned on the late news it swept a good portion of the nation, that did not have internet service.

And here you are making great progress on your TAW. And watching your beautiful Amaryllis blossoming like crazy.

JJM

Needled Mom said...

That purple binding is perfect. The amaryllis have been incredible. What a thrill is has been to have watched it become such a stunning flower.

Vicki W said...

I really love the palette in this TATW.

Danice G said...

Love the binding you chose. What a bright and colorful quilt. Your Trip Around the World is equally gorgeous.