Sunday, December 23, 2018

More unpicking..............

I have used all of the loops from the first 3 stratas and now need to slice the last 2 stratas to finish up the design.  I'm really liking this second attempt for my bed.













Surprise!  The 2 Amaryllis bulbs I got on sale were marked red and stargazer which is red and white.  Obviously the package was mismarked.




I really wanted a white one and was disappointed when they didn't have any so I got  my wish with their mistake.  This is the plant with the 3 bud stalks.  The one to the left has 2 stalks and I'm wondering what color it will be.  I gave  another one to my daughter in law so I'm wondering what color that one will be too.

11 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

Your latest TAW is fantastic! And that bloom - wow.

Maria said...

Your Kaffe "Around the World" is stunning.....

Wishing you a Happy and Safe Christmas 🎄 and all the best for 2019

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

:) that is exactly what happened to me - I bought the stargazer which was to be red and white and got two pure whites - both have three buds on them and are taller than I have ever seen!

Sylvia Anderson said...

Sounds like Santa's elves had some fun with the Amaryllis plants this year. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy and HEALTHY New Year Wanda.
Hugs

Hedy said...

The TAW is gorgeous. I’ve never had that plant but I love the white blooms.

Ann Pierson said...

What a nice little Christmas surprise...maybe Santa knew your heart!! Merry Christmas dear lady..I look forward to your posts every single day! BTW I LOVE your new bed quilt...I may have to make one for my bed!

JJM said...

It's fun to watch your TAW quilt top grow. I had to go back and look at your first TAW and I love that one as much as this one. I didn't have time to look at all 149 posts on your TAW but .... was that the one you created for your bed first time.... was it posted August 28, 2018 ?

Your white Amaryllis are so elegant !

JJM

Nann said...

I buy amaryllis "kits" at the hardware store. They changed suppliers this year and the on-sale price was $8.99 (previous years: $4.99). I give amaryllis as hostess and neighbor gifts -- and keep one or two for us. We haven't started ours yet. (I have never seen amaryllis in a garden, have you?)

Debra Campbell said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Debra Campbell said...

What a beautiful flower. Your winter blooms have inspired me to purchase my own Christmas cactus. It is named Limelight and the color is a pale peach.

patty a. said...

Absolutely beautiful!!