Saturday, November 10, 2018

Yes, we got snow..............

I didn't go out and measure but I think we got around an inch of snow yesterday.  The average time for the first snow here is Nov. 17 so it is a little early for this.  With temps barely reaching the freezing point I'm not going outside much either.
I needed to put away the trays of 2" x 3.5" rectangles that I used for the colorwash I just designed.  I looked through the big bin and I have 3 different sizes of batik rectangles and 1 size of floral print rectangles.  There are about 40 trays of them but they need to be spread out onto more trays when I'm working with them.
I cut some of the rectangles for this quilt yesterday.  They are 4.5" x 8.5".  I think I need around 80 but only have 57 cut so far.  I thought I would start designing and then see which ones I want to cut more of.


Here they are laid out ready to choose from.  I think I will look for one more light fabric today.

7 comments:

Sylvia Anderson said...

Beautiful color combinations Wanda. The purples and red/oranges go so well together.

Marnie Haines said...

We had a dusting of snow this morning in Pittsburgh, but it will soon be gone due to the bright sun glistening on the last of our leaves. Love the choices for the rectangles. One more light one just may do it. Have fun!

Lesley Gilbert said...

WOW - snow already!! It's been quite mild here the past week, with sunshine most days and still my Fuchsia keep blooming :) I'll do some outside pruning while it lasts and fingers crossed for a mild winter.
I love the colours you've cut, especially the purples and that orange/pink mix. It's going to be another great quilt. Enjoy the rest of your snowy weekend.

Hedy said...

We also have snow here in St. Louis, not as much as you, but it’s still here. Very early for us, the leaves haven’t even been raked yet. It’s cold too so I’m staying indoors. Your quilt is one I’m been wanting to make too. But mine will be made from all my scraps.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Nooo! It is too early for snow! It is cold enough to snow today though. I still need to rake the leaves that fell all in one plop on Tuesday. Good idea to make those trays so you are ready when the mood strikes to put the quilts together. So many beautiful colors.

JJM said...

Even with your early snow fall.... I'm sure you never have a dreary day when working with your brilliant beautiful fabrics. Maybe with an earlier winter we'll have an early spring. (*._.*).

JJM

Mystic Quilter said...

So, Winter is upon you but the scene looks so pretty! Love your choice of fabric for the rectangles,
pity this particular quilt isn't featured in one of his books.