Thursday, November 22, 2018

Happy Thanksgiving day!..............

After I finished baking and cleaning up it was playtime for me.  The meal isn't at my house so I didn't have to clean house too.

I had lots of odd shaped scraps left from cutting the half hexagons last week from the African fabrics.

I decided I would do some crazy piecing and see if they would work well.










I was afraid they might be too wild looking but I think they came out okay.









Right now the largest square I can cut from them is 7.5" so I think I'll dig into the larger scraps and add on to all of them.  I won't get back to them for a few days though.

Happy Thanksgiving Day to all who celebrate it.  I know I have a very long list of things to be thankful for and I'm sure many of you do too.

16 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

Yes, grateful is the word for today and beyond.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

happy Thanksgiving Wanda - nice that you are going to another for your meal and can avoid all that goes into cooking the meal - one day I hope I am not the one doing the cooking!

Gene Black said...

A Happy Thanksgiving to you also, Wanda.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Happy Thanksgiving Wanda! So glad we both made it through another year and can celebrate the day! Enjoy!

DianeN said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family, Wanda.

Alice said...

Happy Thanksgiving. I’m grateful for you and your blog.

Marnie Haines said...

Happy Thanksgiving Wanda! Love what you are doing with the scraps. Marnie Haines

Kaaren said...

You tickle me Wanda!Happy Thanks-Giving.

Needled Mom said...

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, Wanda.

hetty said...

Happy Thanksgiving Wanga! I love your crazy quilting scraps.

hetty said...

Who the heck is Wanga? Sorry Wanda. I didn't have my glasses on.

JustGail said...

You - afraid something wild looking?!? Inconceivable! :-)
Have a great Thanksgiving. I'm thankful it's not at my house this year too.

Lesley Gilbert said...

I love your 'wild' ideas - good for inspiration. I'm collecting my scraps for some scrappy block making, after the new year.
Just got back home from our 2 day trip to Chatsworth House, Buxton and Chester. Lots of walking involved but very enjoyable. Hope you had a lovely time with your family at Thanksgiving - it's good to have you around :)

JJM said...

Here it is after 9:00 p.m. after 2 long days in the kitchen preparing for today. And it feels so good to finally set down and catch my breath.
Your scraps are as vivid and fun as your quilt top you created not long ago.

JJM

Kerry said...

Happy Thanksgiving from across the pond. Such a lovely tradition.

Mystic Quilter said...

i hope you had a happy day with family Wanda. Yes, definitely a long list at my place!