When I looked at my list of cutting I needed to do for the preemie layettes, the only required items were 2 gowns and 1 blanket to fill in to finish 3 layettes. I decided that instead of cutting more gowns now that I would unearth all of the bags of scraps left from our cutting and cut squares for the little quilts. They are actually just 2 layers, the pieced top and a flannel back. I finish the edges with the serger just like we do all of the other items. A flannel binding would be bulky and make the edge stiff so this way they are nice and soft like a blanket.
I finished the 3 above and then sewed 4 more tops while I watched TV. I have 2 more sets of squares chosen so maybe I can get 2 more tops done before I leave after lunch for sewing circle. I'm hoping I can get at least 2 more of them quilted too before lunch. Daylight savings time didn't affect me yesterday because it rained all day and fog started rolling in late in the afternoon so it was darker than normal. We need the moisture in the soil for planting season so I'm happy for the rain.