My goal yesterday was lighter color blocks and more orange and red. I also wanted to use the London print.
Now the decision is do I stop at 30 blocks and eliminate 2 or make 3 more to complete another row. Since the blocks are 10" it is easy to calculate the size.
I decided to go through the final box of corduroy in the attic. All of these are scraps from jumpers that I made for my daughter in the late 1960's and early 70's. I also found some leftovers from a maternity outfit so the corduroys are 45-53 years old. I washed them because they have been in the attic for over 25 years. I didn't think I wanted to make another quilt with corduroy but I think I will now. I will probably use the 8.5" squares like I did in the denim/corduroy quilts a couple years ago. I probably have 30 different colors and patterns.
This piece of corduroy is 36" wide so I know it dates back to the 50's or 60's. I don't remember it so I think maybe someone gave it to me.
The orange cactus is blooming. There are 5 buds so I hope I get 5 blooms and that they don't dry up like they have done in the past.