Saturday, March 16, 2013

International quilting day......

I got into the hard to reach bins of flannel yesterday and found some pieces that are larger, for the backings of the 2 flannel quilts.  I'll still have to piece onto them but they are better matches for the quilts than the pieces I found the day before.  I made 2 more of the batik blocks and with 2 more I'll call it a finish and start on one with brighter fabrics.
It is International Quilting Day today and there are 140 free shows you can watch on The Quilt Show on your computer all weekend.  Just type The Quilt Show into search and you will find the site.

8 comments:

Gene Black said...

Yay for finding the larger more suitable backings!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I heard that about the quilt show I will have to look and see what they have if I have time.

Chartreuse Moose said...

Happy International Quilting Day...and thank you for a lovely post!

Elaine M said...

These batik blocks are interesting. The top, right, purple cross with red corners almost looks like it has different dimensions. Favorite is the bottom, with the orange X.

suemac said...

Happy International Quilting Day.

Brown Family said...

I like how those are going together!

Nan

Quiltdivajulie said...

And a happy IQD to you, too!

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

I like these batik blocks a lot better today than when I first saw them yesterday. They really are pretty.