If you have been reading my blog for a long time you hear me talking about my clean up cuts, the ones done to straighten the fabric before I cut my pieces. I always cut them generous and they are used in some of my favorite quilts (my current favorite and second favorite on the right side bar to name a couple).
For the fabrics I am cutting for Winding Ways, I have cut a 12" strip off 72 different batiks, then cut a 12" square from that strip. Out of what is left I cut a 6.5" square, a 5.5" square and a 2.5" strip (fabric is folded so there are 2 of everything). The little strips are the 1" strip left over (5" long). I already have a box of squares cut in the 2 sizes above so I'll add these to them.
My anemones are blooming but I didn't want to get eaten by the mosquitoes so I took this picture from my kitchen window. If you want to see a better picture, click here and scroll down to the second and third pictures for last year's shots.
This picture was taken from inside also. It isn't really clear because it was taken through the window screen. It is hard to get a finch to sit still long enough to get its picture. I took 7 shots to get this one fairly good one.
My dad's Lifeline equipment is set up. The lady installer (drove 65 miles) said she had covered for the other installer (25 miles away) several times. She was so apologetic over all the trouble I had. One bad employee can give a company a bad name so you wonder why they keep them on the payroll.