Monday, December 31, 2018

Ready to quilt................

I finished the basting and chose all of the threads for quilting the colorwash.  The fabric at the bottom is the backing folded back so I could match bobbin thread to it.  Today I really need to push to get this finished.  I was feeling rather lazy yesterday and didn't accomplish much.
I did manage to get all of the top strips unpicked and only have 7 left to do on the bottom half.  If I stay up until midnight to bring in the new year maybe I can get this top sewn together too.







The Amaryllis continues to bloom.  You can see a lot of buds at the top that still need to open.

7 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

wow, what a lot of gorgeous blooms. This is a pretty spectacular plant. The TAW is so close to see it all. Make sure you get enough sleep!

Debbie said...

The colorwash looks fabulous. But this TAW is so stunning. May your new year be a good one....lots of health and good wishes.

Michele said...

I LOVE your Trip Around the World! And the luscious threads ready to be used for your colorwash.

Happy New Year to you!

Sylvia Anderson said...

I bet you can't wait to see that amazing quilt covering your bed. I know, if it were mine, I'd be going in and out of the bedroom all day, just to admire it. Another year is almost gone, and hopefully, 2019 will bring you good health, happiness, and an abundance of finished quilts. lol

Cathi said...

The colourwash is gorgeous! As is that magnificent plant - it must be wonderful to have flowers blooming at this time of year.

DBrez said...

Happy New Year Wanda!

JJM said...

By now you are still sewing toward your goal. I just know you will have a great presentation for us tomorrow.

My goal for today was to get my 2 miles in, walking on icey trails covered with snow. I do use trekking poles which really helped and I completed my miles for the day. Temps on the cool side high of 22 today. My latest passion has been learning how to create with teeny tiny beads # 15 and 11's tiny as a poppy seed. But such fun....

JJM