Thursday, December 27, 2018

Quilting again.............

I loaded this quilt on the frame a few days ago and finally quilted it yesterday. I'm keeping this one.




The backing fabric is the 54" wide Kaffe decorator fabric.  It isn't a lot heavier than quilting fabric but it is a tight sateen weave type of fabric.  I'm planning on washing this right away to see how much it softens.  I need to decide on binding today and get that cut and sewn on.
The second white Amaryllis flower has opened and now I see there are 5 more buds.  I have never had 7 blooms on one stalk before.





The buds on the second stalk are opening too.









It is such a treat to get double blooms too.  The package showed single petals and either red or red and white.  I'm very happy with their mistake.

10 comments:

Karen H said...

I'd say you hit the jackpot with that amaryllis. It's beautiful! And your quilt is really pretty. I'd be keeping it too.

Needled Mom said...

Wow. That is a stunning amaryllis. I've never seen a seven bloom one either. My whites were so gorgeous this year and they were not suppose to be white. There were three supposedly different colors. Each had five blooms and two have sent up second shoots, but none as gorgeous as that double flower of yours. The white is so dramatic.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I too have the same plant and I have lost track on how many flowers I have had on these two plants and they are still opening up.
Love your quilt and hope the fabric softens nicely.

Sylvia Anderson said...

Good morning Wanda....It's so nice to see your spectacular white blooms on this gloomy, rainy, spring like day, during the remaining few days of December. Hope you had a memorable Christmas, and are looking forward to the New Year.
This quilt, like the TAW sewn with Kaffe fabrics, is definitely another of my favorites, and can see why you don't want to part with them. Good day to stay inside and sew.

Mary said...

Beautiful blooms. When do you start seeing the amaryllis kits and where do you find them? I always seem to miss them.

Linda Swanekamp said...

The double blooms are particularly elegant. Quilt colors are super juicy.

Connie said...

I wish that your excellent choice of fabrics would rub off on me. You certain have a eye from mixing fabrics to create amazing quilts that are extremely gorgeous. I'll keep visiting and hopefully in time some of your creativity will rub off my way :)
Here's to a new year filled with good health and happiness beyond your wildest dreams.
Connie :)

Quiltdivajulie said...

Gorgeous flowers. Gorgeous quilt. MUCH better than the gray rain outdoors here.

Elsie Montgomery said...

Lovely quilt, lovely Amaryllis. Amazing how white can be so spectacular, an exuberant non-color that sets off the juicy quilt colors... NICE!

Kerry said...

The amaryllis is gorgeous. I've only ever had 2 blooms in the past, so that is a wonderful bonus!

A lovely quilt too. Super - and it's nice that this time it will be for yourself.

Happy and Healthy New Year.