Sunday, December 16, 2018

It was bothering me.............

I still have my floral colorwash top on the design wall in my main floor studio and one piece is bothering me.  It has kept me from finishing the piece.  It is the blue rectangle in the center that looks like cracked ice.








I went down to the basement and found that piece of fabric and cut a new rectangle from a lighter value area of it.  Now I need to unpick that section and sew in the new piece.

You can go here to see the whole colorwash.  It is going to be a better blend with the new piece in there.

Yesterday my grandson from Colorado and one of his best friends came over and got my new TV mounted on the wall.  The wall mount was a challenge to put together but they were a great team.  I rewarded them with chocolate chip cookies and fudge.  We were all happy!

8 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

so nice to have someone come and mount the tv - those can be difficult I remember helping hubby with outs and even though the tv is thin is was still kind of heavy to me. The blue you changed out does look good that is the great thing of having a design wall sometimes you just need to keep looking at it for a couple days or longer and keep changing pieces until it is right.

Hedy said...

I thought it was perfect but when I enlarged the picture, I could see why you wanted a lighter piece. It’s st very pretty.

Marie said...

Isn't it great to be able to get help with those techie issues? And what better reward that cookies and fudge. I like your decision to change that block - if you don't it will be the first place that your eye goes to every time you look at the quilt.

JJM said...

I can see now the change you made but did not see it at all before that. Your perfectionism is showing up again. (*._,*).

What would we do without family and their help ? I hope your grandson can stay till Christmas.

JJM

Linda Swanekamp said...

You are so right. As soon as I went back to the main picture, I could see what was bothering you. Sounds like a great time with the grandson!

The Joyful Quilter said...

I'm not sure that I would have the patience to UN-sew in order to replace ONE piece of fabric. What a wonder you are, Wanda!

Dorothy said...

I have that same "cracked ice" fabric. Glad you saw the variations in it to make you and your quilt happy. But then you are the pro, so of course you would see it :-)

patty a. said...

I got a new TV a couple months ago, but it is still in the box. Since I was able to put my computer back together after I had to move my office, maybe I have the skills to hook it up. I am not wall mounting it.