Thursday, July 20, 2017

Last seams sewn!..................

I worked on the Seed Packet quilt all day while my 2 friends were here.  I had only a few seams left to sew when they left and I sewed them last night.  I can see a couple small squares that could be moved to a better place but for now they will stay where they are.
I thought my design walls were 84" tall but I can see that they are closer to 82" since the bottom row is bending out.  The quilt top ended up at 68" x 83".

For inquiring minds, a refresher, here is the post where I show the inspiration quilt. 





The backyard garden is now pink, yellow and orange.  The Rudbeckia blooms are just opening and there will be a lot more yellow in a few days. 











The front garden is overgrown and needs a lot of work.  I am slowly tearing out an  invasive plant.  My 2 pots of begonias and a pot of Coleus add a lot of color.



The Swamp Milkweed is just to the right of the area in the photo above.  This shot was taken looking down at the plant from the top.  It is about 24" tall. 

We got a nice rain storm yesterday afternoon, a little over 3/4" of rain and another storm around 9 p.m., another 8/10ths.  It is more rain than I thought we would get.  I won't need to water anything for a few days.

11 comments:

Debbie said...

Love the seed packet quilt! The riot of blooms is so spontaneous and just a delight.

Hedy said...

Your seed packet quilt is great, love all those flowers. No rain down here in Kampsville and none expected until next week. Very hot and the humidity is unbelievable. Normal St. Louis area weather for July (and August too).

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love your overgrown plants but understand the necessity to get them under control - barely been on the computer this week while daughter and grandchildren visit but they sleep late and I'm up early so getting caught up early - haven't touched a needle this week-back to it tomorrow after they leave

Sharon W. said...

That quilt looks pretty close to perfect, so just where are those small squares that are bothering you??? (just curious!!!!)

patty a. said...

The seed packet top turned out lovely! The garden is so pretty. Yours are all nice and full. That is what I am aiming for, but I have a ways to go. We don't have any rain in the forecast until Saturday and Sunday. I may have to go and give some of my new plants a drink. It has been hot, hot, hot!

Kevin the Quilter said...

I have enjoyed seeing the progress of this quilt along with the progress of your gardens. All are completely and utterly loverly ........ummmm .... yeah.....what My Fair Lady said! LOL

Mystic Quilter said...

We're in the middle of a nasty storm at our place, wind, rain, hail, thunder and lightening it's good to see photos of your colourful garden!

Pat said...

I love the quilt and your garden is fantastic. I am jealous since I now live in an apartment I don't get to see a wonderful flower garden.
Thanks to the rain for watering the plants.

Cathi said...

The seed packet quilt is definitely one of my top favourites of your quilts. All those fabulous florals - one could spend hours just drinking them all in! Your garden is so inviting and so pretty. People must stop, just to look at all that beauty!

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

I love your front garden. It seems to me that when the beds are just on the verge of getting totally out of control is when they are the prettiest! Now, if I could only nip that wildness before it's too late!

June D said...

Beautiful project both in fabric and in plants! Always so inspiring to see what you are up to! The quilt is amazing with your selection of fabrics.