I had cut a lot of triangles from floral fabrics for a friend and it was time to reorganize the floral fabrics. To organize I make a mess first. The fabrics were in the 2 big bins, the one on its side and the blue one. I divided them by large prints, prints to use for colorwash, prints to cut the small squares for my Seed Packet quilt, miscellaneous, and a pile to pass on to someone else. Next I need to cut all of the ones for colorwash and Seed Packet and then pack the rest back into the boxes.
In May and twice earlier I took pictures of the backyard in three shots going across it. Click Here for the post from the first week of May and in that post is a link to earlier photos if you are interested in checking it out. It goes from a bare ground view all winter to all of this lush growth in the summer.
I didn't get the shots exactly in the same places as last time but close. Click on the photos for a closer look.
The peony bushes cover about a fourth of the area. Five years ago we had an extremely hot and dry summer and this was major 4 ft. tall weeds all through the garden. Three years ago I started tackling the clean up and I'm really happy with the way it all looks now.