Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Zig Zag day.............


 This quilt top has been on the design wall for a long time and it was finally its day to get quilted yesterday.  I put Martha Negley tree rings fabric on the back.





I did a big loose meander for a super soft quilt.







Then as long as the longarm machine was behaving itself I loaded another quilt.  I had intended to quilt this one on my straight stich machine with lots of parallel lines following the zig zag.  Then I decided I should get real, it's a baby quilt, I just needed to do some quicker quilting.


This one got a medium size meander with white thread in the white areas and blue thread in the blue areas.  White bobbin for the whole quilt since the backing is another of the black and white Marcia Derse prints.


I haven't trimmed either one yet. I just finished quilting at 10:30 p.m. 

10 comments:

Lesley Gilbert said...

I love the blue and white zig-zag - anything you make with blue is usually a favourite with me. I'm up early today as expecting a few parcels. They came at 7am on Monday but I didn't hear the bell so redelivering today - something to look forward to. It's been quite cold for a few days but milder today - keeping fingers crossed for not much snow this winter :)

Linda Swanekamp said...

Right now I have a zig zag quilt in grays on my longarm. It is a comfort quilt that someone is waiting for. However, it has been tought to get to with all the other stuff going on. The quilts are beautiful.

Julierose said...

As you know, I love zig zag patterned quilts--these are just gorgeous...
hugs from afar Julierose

Gene Black said...

Ha ha.... that desire to do "extra fancy" quilting is one I often have and then say "no, I want to finish it this year"

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love the zigzag quilts and the quilting on that will make it a nice soft cuddly quilt

JJM said...

I had forgotten about your zig-zag quilt tops, and happy to see they're on their way to be finished. I always enjoy seeing close up detail of your stitching.

JJM

Anonymous said...

So glad you got around to quilting these wonderful tops!

Michelle
https://mybijoulifeonline.com

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Getting two quilted is a very good day!

patty a. said...

Fabulous quilts! You know how I love zig zag quilts!

Vicki W said...

Great accomplishment!