Sunday, December 20, 2020

Insert strip..............

I clipped off the top and bottom rows (which are the side rows of the quilt) and pressed the center section.  I left a 2" gap to try out an insert strip (at the top left).


I have enough of this insert fabric for the back of the quilt so I wanted to try it.  I don't want a plain color or tone on tone type print because that would take your attention away from the wonderful assortment of fabrics.  While I'm getting my baking done this will stay on the design wall.


I made one kind of Kringlas yesterday.  Recipes in this post.  










The bottoms of a few of them got a little dark so this batch is for me.  They will go into the freezer and be a treat for a couple months.





And last of all a batch of fudge.  Today I will either do Spritz cookies or Chex mix, or maybe both.
 

8 comments:

Quayquilter said...

The insert is an interesting idea and looks good.Did you consider inserting another strip inside the other two sides?

Julierose said...

Loving that insert--I think it really adds interest and rests the eye from all those squares...nice!!
Thanks for the Kringlas link--I think I will try some--do you just put the batter into the fridge as is in the bowl before rolling out?
They look really yummy
Hugs from a frigid landscape--everything is frozen not even melting!! Julierose

Marnie Haines said...

This quilt is going to be another fabulous creation. Really like the insert and maybe on all sides as was suggested earlier. Love the variety of your baking! Marnie

Nann said...

The insert works well when it blends with the blocks -- a subtle difference in shape but not glaring. Thanks for the recipes!

sue s said...

I do like the inserts, maybe also on 4 sides. You have done a lot of baking this season! I'm doing almost none as we aren't seeing anyone.

JJM said...

Just the right touch added to your patches. Kringla looks delicious as always.

I bit the bullet and baked 36 DOZEN cookies yesterday. Didn't want to mess up the kitchen again today. (*._.*)

JJM

patty a. said...

The insert strip looks great! It add the width you need without sticking out like a border would and that print blends in nicely! The cookies and fudge look so yummy. I bet your house smells like Christmas!

Needled Mom said...

Those blocks are so pretty. Eye candy! You’re doing a good job keeping up with your baking too. It all looks yummy.