Thursday, December 31, 2020

Still working on it..............


 I'm still working on #19.  I finished the quilting yesterday morning, chose the binding fabric and then wasted a lot of time before I cut and sewed the binding on.  I'm hand stitching it down and and have 2 sides done.  This piece is only 32" square so I should be able to finish it this morning and get on to #20.

We got about 4" of snow with freezing rain/ice on top of that.  My snow plow guy came early and plowed but there was a thin layer of icy residue and tire tracks.  I went out a few times and spread ice melter, then shoveled, more ice melter, more shoveling and finally got the driveway clean in one lane so my family could bring me a 5 gallon bottle of water for my cooler. I went out later and shoveled the sidewalk and porch.  Most of the driveway melted off before the temperature dropped back below freezing again.  Today is supposed to be below 30 all day but maybe some sunshine.  Tomorrow sounds like more snow and then freezing rain again.  The bright spot is what follows that mid 30s - 40s starting Saturday and above normal temperatures coming our way.

7 comments:

Julierose said...

Good luck on the "20th";)))
We are having pouring rains right now...and temp is 44 degrees--so no snow for us here.
HAPPY NEW YEAR for you Wanda--stay healthy...and safe
(be careful on that icy surface) Hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

Happy New Year Wanda - Love looking at all your colorful quilts throughout the year and look forward to seeing more in 2021 - take care of yourself

Lesley Gilbert said...

Fingers crossed for the 20th. It's 36f/2c outside at the moment but thankfully no snow. My last comment of the year and hopefully many more for the coming New Year 2021. Stay safe, stay warm, keep on crafting and creating your gorgeous quilts :)

Vicki W said...

20 for 20! What a great way to end the year.

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Wanda, you inspire me on so many levels. And I'm willing to bet you'll finish your 20! We're having a rainy day here today.

JJM said...

I'm sure by now you're working on number 20. I'm anxious to see your paper pieced "Yard Birds Circling the Cat" finished. Can't remember you working on it before. And I know tomorrow, I'll say, oh yah I remember that now.

Wishing you a Healthy, Happy New Year. If we have our healthy happiness is right there with it.

JJM

patty a. said...

Freezing rain is the worst! There was a lot of rain here but it was warm enough that what froze on the streets was something a little salt could take care of. I went out early this morning to pick up a few groceries at the local Italian grocer, and the streets here were fine. I hear the trucks at 2:30 a.m. spreading salt.

I wish you a happy and safe New Year!