Sunday, March 27, 2016

Hexagon progress, triangles.............

I moved a few pieces and this is the final layout for the hexagon stars quilt.  Since the top of my design walls are near the light fixtures, the bottom of the quilt looks darker here than it is. There is a gold fabric with twigs in the triangles near the center of the quilt.  The same fabric is in the very bottom left star triangles so you can what I mean about the light source.  I still have to cut the quarter hexagons for the corners.
My basement is the warmest spot in the house in the winter but in the spring when the heat comes on less often it is cold down there.  The heat comes on in the morning so it is comfortable down there until about 2 p.m.  I decided to sew on the main level last night and started on the 6" finished triangle squares.  I need 65 and I finished 22. 

Happy Easter!

8 comments:

Gene Black said...

Happy Easter to you also.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Happy Easter to you! Your quilt looks like spring, or as it should be. Still no green around here, only the purple crocuses are up. Hope you have a super Sunday!

Chris said...

Happy Easter , Wanda! In this quilt, are you trying to limit how many times you repeat a fabric? Are these all from one designer? Any idea how many different fabrics? I am about to start a quilt and was going to use squares with sashing but now I'm thinking of this design. Love this!

Mary said...

Happy Easter, Wanda.

CapitolaQuilter said...

The colors are my kind of Spring, a little bit more zip than traditional pastels. Love the final layout.

Jeanne Turner McBrayer said...

This is a very pleasing arrangement of colors and fabrics. Happy Easter to you , too!

Judy Dietrich said...

Happy Easter!! Hope you had a nice day. It is so hard to keep up with the weather. It changes so much, during the day. At least, we had a pretty easy winter in my area

Charlotta said...

Happy Easter! That hexie star quilt is amazing. I guess you can sew together strips either on the diagonal or across and avoid any Y seams completely. That's what it looks like. How big will it be?