Sunday, March 20, 2016

A trade............

On Friday March 11 I posted a photo of several trays of 1" colorwash squares.  One of my readers contacted me and wanted to know if she could trade me some African fabrics for them.  This is part of my bounty.  There were books with an African theme in the box too.  I figured I had seen almost every African print already but she had lots of different ones that I hadn't seen.  I am thrilled with the trade.
It was supposed to go down to freezing last night so I went outside to take a few photos of our beginnings of spring.  This Forsythia is in the backyard and it only has a few little branches with blooms.
The Periwinkle Vinca even blooms in the winter so I probably shouldn't count it as a sign of spring.






The Pulmonaria/Lungwort is in bloom in one sheltered area.  I got my rake and cleared the leaves in the other area where I have it.  Some of the plants were up over there but no blooms on them yet.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice!

Frebblebit

Gene Black said...

Great trade! The blue with the tan and black graphic print looks interesting.

Marie said...

It's so nice to see signs of Spring. We got a huge dump of snow two weeks ago so we are still a ways away from seeing blossoms peeking through the ground. What a great fabric trade, and so nice that there are lots of new-to-you fabrics. Bonus!

Hedy said...

A great trade for you! I love the first signs of spring, I think lilacs and iris are my favorites.

Roxanne said...

Those are great fabrics! I bet she is just as happy with the trade.

Vicki W said...

Nice trade!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Wonderful African Fabrics! Great colors and designs.

Sharon W. said...

My father taught me that in a good trade both parties emerge believing that they got the best deal. Given the work that went into those little 1" squares, I'll bet your trader believes that!!!

Paige said...

Looks like both parties were winners! Thanks for sharing the garden!