In July last year I started pulling a selection of Kaffe and friends fabrics with a purple/greenish gold/rust/brown theme. I have had them stacked there waiting and waiting for me to cut them. My plan was to use the 8" hexagon die and the matching equilateral triangle die. My 2 friends came over yesterday so I decided it would be a good day to start cutting and playing with the pieces on the design wall. I need to do some research and see how other quilters have arranged the colors and values with this pattern. I have more cutting to do so it will change many times before I'm done.
I got about half of the 3rd load of African fabrics ironed. I'll finish those today. I think I need to do a quilt that will showcase the different prints so it will need large shapes for the large prints and smaller ones for the small and medium size prints. I think maybe it will be a modular style like this one.