Saturday, October 4, 2014

Cutting day.......

Today was cutting day on my triangle project.  I'm using 3" finished triangles for this project.  If I had chosen 2", 4" or 6" I have plenty of them already cut.

I want to join the Drunkard's Path quilt along at Vicki Welsh's blog, but it will be a few days before I can link up.  Here is one that I made a couple years ago (still waiting to be quilted) and I have a tray of leftover pieces I can start with. 
This was my other project, the bridesmaid dress.  I have the overskirt and underskirt pinned to the right length (I hope!) and I had to cut off 4.5"



The easy part was the rolled hem.  I hope I have the length right; that is the hard part.  The wedding is tonight.  This photo is a truer color.



 

10 comments:

Sewing Junkie said...

Chiffon is no fun to work with. It creeps to easily when cutting.Chris

Mary said...

Wow! That's a beautiful dress, but I would hate to have to take on that project. I don't do well with that kind of fabric.

Beth@IHaveANotion.com said...

Good job on the dress, the color is very different in the 2 pictures!!!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

beautiful but dresses are something I do not touch - no interest in that delicate work

Quiltdivajulie said...

Having had a chance to play with some of your scrappy triangles, I know first hand what fun they are!


Julierose said...

What a gorgeous dress--love the top of it! I quit making my daughter dresses when she got a shape!! Hugs, Julierose

Mystic Quilter said...

I admire your patience with the rucking on this lovely dress! Looking forward to your next triangle project.

Mystic Quilter said...

Sorry folks - meant to be ruching but the silly word thingy changed it and I didn't spot it!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Your drunkard's path post got me to make the Circle Dance one I am quilting for my daughter's wedding present. She limited the colors, so I love yours much more. I love it as much as when I first saw it!

MontyBear said...

Hope the dress got done for the wedding.