Friday, October 10, 2014

Working on two quilts.........

This is what I accomplished in the studio yesterday: left side strips on 24 African fabric blocks and 68 triangle squares.

I wanted to cut the Drunkard's Path pieces but I decided to go up into the attic since it was the perfect temperature for cleaning.  I had 3 huge partially empty boxes and 1 full one that I went through.  All 4 boxes are out of the attic now and also one big bag of trash.  Two of the boxes were full of blue jeans.  Everyone gave me their old jeans when I was teaching the Jeans Quilt class.  A lot of the pairs were in great shape so they are being donated to Goodwill.  A few pairs will go into another quilt that I will make this winter.  The rest....well, they are still in the attic but all in one box.

7 comments:

Roxanne said...

You seem to have cleaning/organizing projects in mind and do them as good circumstances present themselves. I do that too, but not as often as I'd like!

Beth@IHaveANotion.com said...

I did some house things too... no boxes... tho, and in my case I will be putting things into boxes, not emptying!!! Soon. Nice bit of sewing too.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it is good to try to keep the attic cleaned out - I don't have an attic that we keep things in but we have a work shop upper loft area for that - and things just keep getting stacked up in it and every so often we try to tackle it and keep it under control.

Needled Mom said...

I wish I had an attic....or a basement. Of course, I wouldn't care for the cleaning part of it. ;-)

Nann said...

I took one big box to Goodwill at the beginning of the week. I have a few dozen more to go....

JJM said...

You still accomplished sewing yesterday. Besides your side trip to the attic. That is a good days work. I will anxiously wait and watch for the jean quilt. I too have a stash of worn jeans that I am always going to remake into something...

JJM

Carol said...

You are such an inspiration to me; but I can't compete with you and glad I don't have a competitive bone in my body or I would surely be defeated by you.