I finally decided this top wasn't going to finish itself so I got the borders done last night. First I added the strips to the 2 sides so the color wasn't touching the edge of the quilt. then I added the 3 rows of strips to the top and bottom. I wanted just a touch of color in the first 2 strips with the outside one being just the light neutrals. Now it is about 76" x 95". In the book it didn't have any borders. I wanted it to be more rectangular so it could be used on a twin bed.
I think these two fabrics will be on the back. I'll probably divide both pieces into 2 different width strips and sew them together alternating. Then I don't have to worry about getting anything centered when I quilt it.