Thursday, April 3, 2014

Pretty flowers............

I did little bits of this and that yesterday.  I started quilting the Streak of Lightning zig zag that I hand basted, basted another Wonky quilt, did laundry.




Since none of that was photo worthy I'm showing my beautiful cacti blooms instead. 








This is the last orange bloom.  The plant really put on a show for me this year since the first blooms were in the first week of January.





I started this plant from a piece that fell off another cacti that had red blooms.  It has a lot of new growth in several places.







9 comments:

Sewing Junkie said...

I still love them. Wish I could find some around here. Will have to go to a greenhouse loser to Christmas. Chris

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

you have a green thumb! I never have luck with houseplants for long

Needled Mom said...

How nice to still have such pretty blooming going on there!

suemac said...

My orchid is really putting on a show.

Brown Family said...

I wish I could grow house plants!

JJM said...

Thanks for sharing those pretty blossoms with us Wanda.

JJM

cottonreel said...

I have 2 flowers on one of my plants .
I'm taking a close look at your new bits

Gari in AL said...

no blooms here but mine have moved outside and are loving it.

Pat said...

I love the peach cactus. Or is it cacti? I received a very small plant from the Ladies Guild at church for Christmas. It really didn't look very good when I got it but I decided I would try to nurse it back to health. It lost some of its buds and the leaves didn't look well but I watered it and put it in my kitchen window and I now have what I call my "Easter Cactus" as it is in full bloom. I have over 10 flowers blooming on this small plant. More buds are growing so will have blooms for a long time.