I sewed 3 more segments of the new paper pieced quilt that I showed yesterday. I need to choose corner fabrics soon. I want to sew the corners on as I go instead of waiting til the end.
I realized I needed to sort the scraps in the 2 boxes by size so I could find the ones that were large enough to cut corners from. This is from the 'cools' box.
This is the contents of the 'warms' box all sorted. Then I went through the piles of large enough pieces and eliminated any that I thought wouldn't work.
We had a snow storm yesterday. In the beginning it was coming down in little snowballs. Once again we got a little less than they predicted but I heard on the noon news that we had 4". It was hard to tell because it was a wet snow and it started compressing as the temperature went above freezing. Yesterday I rescheduled today's Dr. appointment in Chicago for a day a couple weeks from now when hopefully it will be more pleasant to take that long ride. You never know how much lake effect snow they might get there overnight.
The red cactus produced one more flower after 3 buds dried up and fell off. My orange cactus has about 5 buds on it now. I thought maybe it wasn't going to bloom this year.