I made my first Rattlesnake block in the morning yesterday, another before I went to visit Dad and the last one last night. I would have made one more but the rest of the foundation papers were in the basement. There are basically 3 color groups, dark, light and red. Each block is supposed to have one part from each color group in it. I have only done one with red corners so far. One of my readers reminded me that this is the year of the snake in the Chinese calendar. It looks like I picked the right year to make this quilt.
I started digging for more reds and came up with 9. They look too light here but they are deeper toned than they photographed. I have started cleaning the basement for my art quilters who will come next Monday so I will get these cut today and the extra put away. Once again I have 4 tables to clear off.