This is another of Kaffe's quilts that I think I need to make. Mine won't look like his though because I'll have greens and yellows in there too. If you enlarge the photo I think you can read the name of the pattern at the top and the book title at the bottom, plus the page number if you happen to have it and want to look it up.
I have been cutting for this one for awhile however I don't have even a tenth of it cut. If I have figured it right, it will take 3 strips of one fabric and 1 and a half of the other fabric for each block. One block has dark at the outside edge and the next has light.
I think it will take 84 strips for the stripped sashing but I have a lot of scraps that I will cut up and use there too. I need to make a sample block and see if my calculations are correct.
Normally by Memorial Day my peonies have bloomed. I have 3 flowers and lots of buds out there. This is supposed to be a hot week so I expect to see a lot of blooms by Saturday.
I didn't want to disturb the birds at the feeders so I took this photo from the kitchen window.
I mowed 3/4 of my front yard yesterday and then my neighbor finished it and did my side yard too. Then I dug up one of my hostas that is too large for its location and split off 7 babies and gave 5 to my neighbor. I planted the 2 that I kept in pots to share with someone else. I planted 2 tomato plants in pots too. I have walnut trees all along the property line and tomatoes won't grow well near them so I resort to pots.