Wandaful Quilts

Visit my blog shop https://wandafulquilts.blogspot.com for items for sale: wall art, mini art, quilt tops, fabric groupings. It is an ever changing group of items.

Friday, May 6, 2011

Class projects.........

The class was "Turning Twenty into Diamonds" and here are the students' quilts.


The one above is for a challenge at guild where they were to make a quilt with the color of crayon they were given, in this case a rusty color.  She also brought her blocks from the last class and we put them on the design wall too.

They are Christmas and winter prints.

I took the blocks for the Turning Twenty mini quilt.  The lighting in the classroom distorts the orange and purple colors.  I was going to take another photo when I got home and put them on the wall, but one block is missing and I have looked everywhere and haven't found it yet.  Maybe tomorrow....

16 comments:

Jackie said...

They all look wonderful, love seeing the different variations of a single design. Drats... I hate it when you lose one block and spend tons of energy looking for it. I hope it finds its way back to you.

Impera_Magna said...

Wow... great job by all your students! love all the different colors and fabrics!

Gene Black said...

I really like the "Turning 20 into Diamonds" quilts. I think I need to try that -I will put it on my "list"

Maria said...

Oh it is awful when you lose a block. Hope you have found it.

Your students quilts all look great.

Jean said...

Looks like a fun class.....I can see your batiks are much more colorful in the earlier post. Hope you find the missing block.

Celia Ciuffo said...

I love these quilts!
They are very cute ...

saludos argentinos!!!

True Blue Nana said...

They all look great.

Sheila said...

I like the Turning Twenty quilts. They look like fun.

sosarahsew said...

Looks like it was a very productive day for everyone.

I have been searching for three years for a block I need. I refuse to scrounge up suitable fabrics to make a substitute one since I KNOW the lost block will be found sitting on top in plain sight within 30 minutes of finishing a replacement. That is what always happens to me. What is one more UFO for a while?

Needled Mom said...

What wonderful students you have. Must be the great teacher bringing out the best in them. ;)

wackywoman said...

Wow, they work fast. Gorgeous.

jovaliquilts said...

What a wonderful way to do Turning Twenty. Is the diamond one also from the book Turning Twenty Just Got Better?

Erin in MI said...

Ooooooh, I love the black and white one!! Awesome use of values!

hetty said...

They are all great! I am looking for the Turning Twenty books here, but no luck so far. I hate it when I lose a block. It is usually stuck to something else and will turn up as soon as you make a replacement.

Muddling Through said...

They all look good, but I especially like the first one. You've got some talented students there.

Purple Pam said...

Wow! Another great class. I am so sorry I live so far away. I would love to take one of your classes. Love the colors.