While cleaning off the top of my sewing cabinet, I decided to sew some of the really skinny pieces together. I got up with a headache yesterday so this was all I accomplished other than moving things from one place to another.
This will give you a little perspective on how narrow some of the strips were. Some finished at less than a quarter inch.
My son came over and replaced one of my 8 ft. fluorescent bulbs in my studio. I just can't get up there and do them any more. It makes me feel like a wimp, but I'm more concerned with my safety. With age comes wisdom.
This is the drawer in my sewing cabinet. I moved a bunch of bobbins here from the drawer unit that was by my old cabinet. Now I can wind about a dozen bobbins with neutral color thread. I am moving all of my studio furniture around for a different arrangement for the summer. Luckily it is all on wheels except the 3 tall bookcases which aren't going to be moved anyway.
I hope I get a great idea for a journal quilt today, because if I don't that will be 2 weeks I missed. The momentum will be lost so I need to be creative today.........