After using all of the skinny strips on the #11 Journal Quilt, I then picked up all of the squarish pieces and started in the center with light ones and progressed out in values to dark at the edges. The base is fusible batting so every piece is partially attached and the rest is floating free. I started at the outside edge with the quilting and made a square cornered spiral hoping it would still be fairly straight when I got to the center.
You can see the loose edges in this photo. So now I am caught up with one a week for the Journal Quilts. I was afraid my creative well had run dry but I shouldn't have doubted myself. I made both #11 and # 12 late in the day yesterday after rearranging my studio.