I went outside before it got too hot yesterday and trimmed all of the low branches on the redbud trees, cut the suckers off the trunks, and cut volunteer trees. My brush pile is ready for pickup 2 weeks early. Last night I quilted this quilt. All it needed was an all over meandering pattern. Then I sewed on a test binding and pinned it to the back. I think it will work so I'll cut more strips today.
The outer round is sewn on the 12 blocks I showed yesterday so I put them up on the design wall too. It is time to transfer the blocks to one of my double design walls so I played around with some traditional layouts too.
Sunshine and shadow on the top half and straight furrows on the bottom.
Barn raising on the top and straight furrows at the bottom. I need at least 34 more blocks for the size I have in mind so I'll keep sewing a few a day.
I'm also still hand stitiching the binding on the "Chocolate and Caramel" quilt. I'm half way done.