Thursday, July 15, 2010

Hot, hot, hot................summer

I sewed the binding on the quilt but haven't started the hand stitching yet.  I kept thinking I wanted a dark brown binding but nothing made it sing.  Then I tried this rusty color and it was perfect.

This is the border fabric and the backing fabric that I chose to go with it (see the quilt on yesterday's post).  I have seamed the 2 pieces together so now I need to cut the batting.




I also made the decision to do one more round on the log cabin blocks so I cut some more fabrics to the lengths needed.






I mowed half of the front yard yesterday morning.  Even though it got into the 90's yesterday (and humid) there was a nice breeze.  I finished mowing the front yard last night after I got home from Dad's.  Now I have the 2 side strips to do.  The backyard is in so much shade that I think I can skip a week with it.  Today is supposed to be even hotter and muggier. 

12 comments:

Unknown said...

You were quite busy! The rust color is perfect for the binding. Looking at the photo it would be hard to envision it with a darker color. This was just right.

Sewing Junkie said...

Becareful out in the heat. I need to mow also. Chris

Bec said...

Well i live in Australia, and its winter and cold... i would love a hot muggy day! and yes the rust col looks great!

Chris said...

Yesterday's breeze was lovely~I worked at my church, weeding thistles (which love this weather!), and it wasn't too bad as long as I kept drinking water. Today is a different story -went walking at 5:30 am, and it was 80 and muggy. Stay in and sew today! :)

Wacky Woman said...

I can't believe how much you get done in a day.

Cathi said...

Wow -- you get a lot acomplished!! I love that binding for the chocolate and caramel quilt!!

Sharon said...

Great choice for binding, this quilt is right up my alley, I love the brns/creams. Stay cool,

*karendianne. said...

Excellent for the binding and gosh I have to just tell you I love seeing those strips. They're so inviting!

Vicky F said...

Hi Wanda,
Wow, that backing really goes with the setting triangles from the front. I read the setting triangles as more purply from the earlier photo. Thanks for showing the close up view.
Stay cool!
Vicky F in muggy, stuffy W. Michigan

hetty said...

You have been busy! I love the rusty border. Why is it that what seems to look good in our minds, does not work in real life. Sometimes it is just better to decide on the fabric when the quilt is at the binding stage. I left a comment earlier, but google was giving me a hard time. I guess it didn't go through since I don't see it.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I like the log cabin strips - such pretty colors! I have heard from friends back home that it is very hot in Arkansas too - here in Wyoming it was quite warm today and will be in the mid 80's tomorrow - guess it is getting all over the place.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Anonymous said...

Love the way you do your bindings. I will pass that tip onto my daughter.

J~MT