Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A wonderful relaxing day...........

My art quilters' group came yesterday and it was so much fun to catch up on everyone's projects.  I spent a large portion of the rest of the day reading.  I'm getting near the end of the book and you know how exciting they get near the end.  Here is a picture of one of my small flower beds in the front yard.  It is prettier this year than in the past.  The tall plant in the back is an aster that will be just filled with purple flowers in about about 6 weeks.

I noticed that the milk weed is forming the pods now.  I didn't remember flowers on it last year so it was fun to watch them bloom and then die, and now the pods.

8 comments:

Jody said...

it's been an interesting walk through your gardens so far this season - thoroughly enjoyable! The coneflower is so vibrant! Mine is also doing well - I have a yellow-to-green combo that survived its first winter.
Question for you - when you cut and store your log cabin blocks - what size do you go with (center included)

Unknown said...

My cone flowers didn't fair so well this year. And my hubby pulled most of my Aster's thinking they were weeds. I am heartbroken about this, because they were the most wonderful shade of Hot Pink and Yellow center. There are still a few left though.

Nancy said...

What are you reading? It's a love-hate thing when a good book ends. Can't wait to see what happens but then hate to see the story end when you love the characters. Let's hear it for sequels.

KateKwiltz said...

Have you ever smelled a milkweed flower? They're incredibly fragrant, especially in large quantities, it's really heady, like lilacs. Too bad they're such a pain!

Cathi said...

Your flowers look fabulous!
I just finished a really good mystery and am now on the hunt for more by that author. I love it when I find a new to me author who has written lots of books -- sort of like a little treasure hunt. :-)

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

I am catching up with you after being out of town and out of touch for a few days. How beautiful your flowers are, and I love the tiger lilies. I can identify all too well with the heat and humidity, too, unfortunately.

I am so impressed with your organizational skills. Your log cabins are pretty, too!

Sharon said...

My cone flowers are about 4 inches tall, geez. Did these reseed themselves or did you plant them this spring?

Anonymous said...

Your cone heads are WAY AHEAD of mine, not even a bud yet. Nice to see a preview.

J~MT