Friday, November 16, 2018

The next quilt.............

I finally started the layout of this quilt.  I think I ended up with 13 fabrics.  They are all Kaffe collective (Kaffe, Philip and Brandon).  I had to cut a bunch more 4.5" x 8.5" rectangles yesterday and added one fabric to my original group.  Then I had to cut the 4.5" squares to fill in the top and bottom.

Last night I got the first six columns sewn together.  There are 7 left to sew and this should come out about 52" x 72".  It has 2 borders in the magazine so I'll consider that too.   I used some of the same fabrics as the one in the magazine and added some of my favorites to the group.  One of them may be the outer border.

I went back and edited yesterday's post with the size and number of half hexagons used.  I try to remember to do that when I'm writing the post but sometimes forget.

9 comments:

BatikFanatic said...

What a bright, happy quilt that is! Just the right thing on this snowy day in the Northeast... Glad your birthday was full of favorite people and activities.

patty a. said...

Such a pretty combination of fabrics! I really like that lightest pastel floral.

Linda Swanekamp said...

You certainly have been creating a lot of quilts lately! Love the colors in this one.

JJM said...

You've done it again, with an awesome combination of fabrics. From hexagons to rectangles it's been an exciting week to see.

JJM

Connie said...

The colors and fabrics are so romantic . . . I love it :)

Angie said...

This is gorgeous!! And, btw, belated Happy happy birthday!!

Hedy said...

This is a really pretty quilt. I’m not familiar with most of these fabrics, even though I recognize the style as Kaffe.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

This is a nice combination of happy fabrics.

Charlotta said...

Gosh I’m really behind these days! Happy belated birthday, I’m glad sp many others were on the ball and heeded your daughter’s sweet invitation. I had the best intentions . . .
I’m also glad to see you back in the swing of things and then some! You’re creating like you’re on fire! A new amazing beauty almost every day. I’m so very impressed. And loving it. Thanks for taking time to share amid all your cutting, designing and sewing.
Please don’t forget to eat and sleep!