Thursday, November 29, 2018

Pink and white...........

I did some cutting, sorting, straightening up yesterday but no sewing.  I'm just documenting blooms here on my blog.  This is the oldest of my pink and white cacti.  I have it sitting up on the mantel temporarily.

This is another bloom on the same plant.










This is a new plant but at least 4 years old.  The blooms are getting bigger every year.  

I have a white one just opening and the champagne color is almost ready to bloom.  I love my indoor winter garden.

6 comments:

patty a. said...

Those blooms are so pretty!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

they are very pretty - I know you said the plant prefers to stay dry but about how often would you say you water them - once a month? My problem with plants is over watering I'm sure

Diana from SC said...

I have gotten three cacti for thie winter...they have buds on them. Looking forward to them blooming. Enjoy seeing your photos

Hedy said...

Very pretty pink and white. It seems they take a while to open completely. My white one is close to completely opening.

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

How pretty! Mine are all still out on the patio with no sign of blooms. But it's early here, so I'll just enjoy yours!

Anonymous said...

My one blooming cactus like this spent the summer on a sunny paver in my garden, getting whatever rain fell (and this year that was lots and lots). It has over 30 flowers and buds right now, a pretty peach-coral. One bought at the same time that spent the summer in a more sheltered shaded location has no buds or flowers, and is only half as big. And a huge old one (that I've had probably 20 years - it has a central stalk like a tree) has only one flower; its soil is no doubt very depleted, but I can't imagine how I would repot it at this juncture.

Your collection is an inspiration.

ceci